Sunday, February 05, 2006

Baguio Trip 2006

So it’s been like more than 10 years since I’ve been to Baguio. Why the sudden urge to go there? Well it’s more like that me and my dad had to attend a wedding of our family friend.

Initially, I didn’t really want to go, because of the 4+ hour drive and I wasn’t that close with the other kids of our other family friends who were also attending the wedding. But it turned out that the trip wasn’t that bad. The weather was really chilly (which I really like btw) and you can really get that fresh air flowing through your lungs. Also, I was able to bond somewhat with the kids, who were also my age. It turned out that me and Veejay had a lot of common friends and so it was an interesting chat during our last night at Baguio while sipping our drinks both alcoholic and herbal, but unfortunately, we were forced to go back up because of a sudden blast of cold at around 11:40pm.

Speaking of the reception… the only memorable part of the whole event was the beautiful display of fireworks to top of the evening. And it made me remember that time that me and Hun saw the fireworks during the opening of Promenade. Hehe although we fought that night, we kinda made up when they lit up the fireworks on that night. Having that on the back of my mind while watching the fantastic display on that chilly night, it made me leave a smile of my face and kinda made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Ok ok, a bit corny, yeah, but that’s how I felt that night and I really enjoyed myself during the weekend. Hehe it would be perfect though if Hun was there. I kept on imagining that someday we would go up there and snuggle up. Or just walk around the parks there then enjoy a good cup of coffee or tea together. Nothing wrong with having those thoughts hehe it’s just nice to think of it.

In the end, while driving down from Baguio, I looked back and told myself that the trip really wasn’t that bad. I really had a great time and had a relaxing weekend. I wish that I can be with Hun if I go out of town, I bet that would be great…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ny, I only read it today but I just wanted to say...I love you! What are you waiting for?! Let's go ;)hahaha mwah*