Saturday, July 17, 2004

Down for the count
 
 
Today turned out to be quite interesting. My trainer brought over his friend Gary Daniels to the gym, who is also a 3 time champion in an international kickboxing league. And I did some research on this guy, apparently he appeared on this old Jacky Chan film. Imagine that, I was able to train and sparr with this guy today. Although today's training was short, I was able to get some significant tips to improve on my techinque. The sparring was really scary also. When I was up toe to toe with him, I couldn't think of anything. Everything was a blank and I was more focused on where he was going to hit me than thinking of my next move. And that's what Gary suggested to me, I need to be more confident when sparring. I was also honored that he said I had a good leg! Despite that, today was very humbling. I realized that I need to train some more, improve my footwork and techinque and get as much confidence as much as I can.
 
After training, I decided to stay home for awhile and try to give myself a break. I'm really tired from today. So today's blog really sounds like a kickboxers journal or something. Oh well I try to be one at least and this could be a start......

No comments: